This is a perfect soup to add into your winter menu for warming and boosting your immune system up. This soup is nice made into large batches and either frozen or used within 5 days. Having some extra soup in the fridge or freezer provides a healthy warming meal or snack option. Which is super handy in times you are feeling a little under the weather and don’t feel like cooking.
The star ingredient oregano has antibacterial actions that help keep your immune system strong and adding some pumpkin seeds at the end as a garnish will give you a zinc boost helping with the development of healthy immune cells.
Keep strong this winter and enjoy nourishing healthy soups like this.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 kg of zucchini, sliced
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh oregano or 6 teaspoons of dried oregano.
(4 tablespoons for blending and 2 tablespoons for blending at the end).
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Garnish (Freshly ground black pepper, oregano and pumpkin seeds).
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil. Add onion and sauté over low heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and continue cooking over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, freshly ground pepper, 4 tablespoons of oregano and bring to simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes add the coconut milk.
- Return to saucepan to heat up again.
- Add the last 2 tablespoons of oregano and soup mixture to blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with oregano, pumpkin seeds and black pepper.
About Suzanna Wallace
Suzanna has a Health Science degree and is a registered Naturopath and Herbalist in Australia, and has also trained and worked in numerous healing art techniques to assist with mind, body and spiritual health. Focusing on a wide range of health topics, and the implementation of her detox and regeneration health programs, Suzanna has created her own product range, Suzanna’s Natural Life, which can be found in the ‘shop’ section of this website. Suzanna conducts consultations online zoom and in-person consultations in her clinic in Perth, Western Australia. Contact Suzanna today and kick-start your journey to achieving good health.
Subscribe to keep up to date with more blogs like this
If you liked this blog don’t forget to subscribe to my email to receive exclusive regular free blogs, healing recipes, and tips that feed the body. You will also receive an exclusive pdf on how to alkalise the body to help prevent disease and a 7-day alkalising guide: SUBSCRIBE NOW
Book in for your free complimentary consultation here: SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. The Green Naturopath takes no responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.