- On: 14 Jun 2018
- Hits: 576
The star ingredient oregano has antibacterial actions that help keep your immune system strong and adding some pumpkin seeds at the end as a garnish will give you a zinc boost helping with the development of healthy immune cells.
Keep strong this winter and enjoy nourishing healthy soups like this.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 kg of zucchini, sliced
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh oregano or 6 teaspoons of dried oregano.
(4 tablespoons for blending and 2 tablespoons for blending at the end).
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Garnish (Freshly ground black pepper, oregano and pumpkin seeds).
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil. Add onion and sauté over low heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and continue cooking over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, freshly ground pepper, 4 tablespoons of oregano and bring to simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes add the coconut milk.
- Return to saucepan to heat up again.
- Add the last 2 tablespoons of oregano and soup mixture to blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with oregano, pumpkin seeds and black pepper.