This is a perfect soup to add into your winter menu for warming and boosting your immune system up. This soup is nice made into large batches and either frozen or used within 5 days. Having some extra soup in the fridge or freezer provides a healthy warming meal or snack option. Which is super handy in times you are feeling a little under the weather and don’t feel like cooking.
The star ingredient oregano has antibacterial actions that help keep your immune system strong and adding some pumpkin seeds at the end as a garnish will give you a zinc boost helping with the development of healthy immune cells.
Keep strong this winter and enjoy nourishing healthy soups like this.
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 kg of zucchini, sliced
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 6 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh oregano or 6 teaspoons of dried oregano.
(4 tablespoons for blending and 2 tablespoons for blending at the end).
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Garnish (Freshly ground black pepper, oregano and pumpkin seeds).
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil. Add onion and sauté over low heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini and continue cooking over low heat for a few minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, freshly ground pepper, 4 tablespoons of oregano and bring to simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- In the last 5 minutes add the coconut milk.
- Return to saucepan to heat up again.
- Add the last 2 tablespoons of oregano and soup mixture to blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with oregano, pumpkin seeds and black pepper.