Try my creamy mushroom soup it is a healthy, dairy-free, plant-based recipe which was created for its immune stimulating properties and low mucous and inflammation properties.
• 600g fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 1 brown onion, finely sliced
• 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 5 cups vegetable stock
• 1 ½ cups raw, unsalted cashews
• 1 tsp dried or fresh thyme
• 1 tsp dried or fresh rosemary
• ¼ tsp Celtic, Himalayan or Macrobiotic salt
• ¼ tsp ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (optional for creamy cheese flavour)
• fresh herbs for garnishing
1. Place cashews in a bowl of water and leave to soak for a few hours or overnight (in the fridge).
2. In a large soup pot, sauté the mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and black pepper in coconut oil for 3 - 5 minutes.
3. Add vegetable stock, bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse cashews and add them to a blender with half a cup of water and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth and creamy (add more water, if needed).
5. Stir the cashew cream into the soup pot to combine all the ingredients. Allow to simmer for another 15 - 20 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with fresh herbs - and enjoy!
About Suzanna Wallace
Suzanna has a Health Science degree and is a registered Naturopath and Herbalist in Australia, and has also trained and worked in numerous healing art techniques to assist with mind, body and spiritual health. Focusing on a wide range of health topics, and the implementation of her detox and regeneration health programs, Suzanna has created her own product range, Suzanna’s Natural Life, which can be found in the ‘shop’ section of this website. Suzanna conducts consultations online zoom and in-person consultations in her clinic in Perth, Western Australia. Contact Suzanna today and kick-start your journey to achieving good health.
Subscribe to keep up to date with more blogs like this
If you liked this blog don’t forget to subscribe to my email to receive exclusive regular free blogs, healing recipes, and tips that feed the body. You will also receive an exclusive pdf on how to alkalise the body to help prevent disease and a 7-day alkalising guide: SUBSCRIBE NOW
Book in for your free complimentary consultation here: SCHEDULE APPOINTMENT
This content is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of such advice or treatment from a personal physician. All readers/viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. The Green Naturopath takes no responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.