- On: 31 Aug 2017
- Hits: 547
Cleansing the house
This is one simple start to cleansing the house on an emotional and spiritual level. Cleaning out the old whether it is going through paper work, cleaning out clothes and giving it to charity there is a real spiritual cleansing action that occurs when you go through each room and object in the house. Each object, article, memory, etc, holds energy good or bad. When cleaning through each room look at each item and take note of how you feel when looking at it. There may be a happy feeling or there may be a negative feeling, a negative feeling could be something to do with a negative action or situation that happened with that item. When you find items that make you feel negative it is a good time to look at the item and either turn a positive spin to the item so you look at it differently if you want to keep it or maybe it is time to find a new home for the item. If it is time to let go put the item in a pile you may be able to take it down to the swap meet and make a little extra cash that can go towards something special for yourself or take it down to your second hand shop if it is reusable.
This activity is a really great cleansing action that you can benefit greatly from if done yearly it can help let go of areas you may be stuck in and help you reflect and grow from situations. These items that make us feel negative begin to clutter our lives and if left un attended can paralyse us and effect our positive outlook on life. You can practice this more than once a year and you can add it into your everyday life. The more we put focus on the positive and let go of the negative the more room for positive experiences. If this is the first time you have ever done a house cleansing like this, it can be very emotional as you start to delve into emotions and memories so be gentle and take your time.
This is also a great time to leave all the windows open and let the fresh spring breeze in to circulate the new spring warmth into the house.
I also have a lot of clients requesting individualised detox plans which is great because we can get really deep into the core issues and really assist the body in detoxing without the stress. It is a myth that it is normal to feel a little bad during your detox, headaches, nausea, ache and pains the list goes on. If done correctly a detox should be a positive experience and not a negative one. When you start any detox you should prepare the body and support the organs involved with detoxing. If you go to quick into a detox you can put a lot of stress on the body which can cause damage to the organs. I see this all the time in clinic and it is because the body needs warming up and preparing for a detox which is the most important step of a detox. When I do up my personalised detox plans I go through everything and assess the organs that may need extra assistance during the detox and provide you with the support for a more effective and rewarding detox.
Below I have included a simple detox which gives your digestive system a little break which helps heal, restore and nourish the organs. The detox doesn’t give a ultimate cleanse but a nice gentle cleanse that just allows for your digestive system and organs to have a little rest, which leaves you feeling energised, improves your digestion and may even take away a few un wanted kilos. I like to do this at the beginning of each season.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have any other health conditions it is not recommended in commencing any kind of detox without talking to a health practitioner first.
The One Week Detox Plan
All that is involved in this detox is for you to pick a week that isn’t going to be full of stresses so you have some time to chill out, relax and give your body a chance to regenerate. The less stress, the more time you can sit in silence and quieten the mind and the more benefit you will get from a detox.
Including brisk walking or exercise daily for at least half an hour will help your body with elimination within the body.
All this simple detox involves is cutting out a few different foods that make your body work hard and giving your digestion a break with nourishing cleansing foods.
Start each day with a warm glass of water and another warm glass of warm water with either the juice of half a lemon or 20mls of apple cider vinegar from the health food shop. Starting the day off like this increases digestion and helps with the detox process, your body will love you for it. Let the warm lemon or apple cider vinegar go through the digestion for a good 30 minutes before eating breakfast.
Foods to cut out for a week
- Coffee, Black Tea, alcohol, soda drinks, cordial, shop bought juice. If the coffee withdrawals are too bad, try cutting back on your coffee as much as you can.
- Dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, cream and ice cream).
- Sugar (processed foods, lollies, chocolate, cakes, biscuits, dried fruit).
- Grains (wheat, Rice, oats, pasta, bread)
- Saturated and trans fats (cooking oils, butter, margarine, animal fat, etc).
Foods to Eat
- Enjoy as much fresh fruit and vegetables as you like. Organic is preferable if you have that option if not wash your produce as best as you can. Avoid having to many sweet starchy vegetables such as white potato.
- Try to avoid meat for the week as meat takes a little longer to process making your digestion work a little harder. Consuming 2 to 3 servings of lean meat through the week is ok (fish, chicken and grass fed beef, etc).
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Organic free range eggs if possible (up to 4 servings through the week).
- Good oils (extra virgin olive oil, unprocessed coconut oil, grape seed oil).
- Fresh filtered drinking water and green tea is great for the detoxing process and helps shed even further unwanted kilos. Any herbal tea will have some medicinal benefits for your body, so don’t be afraid to try whatever herbal tree you feel attracted to. I would suggest going into a health food shop and looking at their herbal tea selection and buying the one you feel attracted to. This will be a nice little warm comforting drink for you when you a feeling like comfort food. I also like to brew a nice warm ginger tea with fresh ginger this has stimulating actions, perks you up, circulates the blood, boosts the immune system and makes you nice and warm.
- Try Suzanna’s Natural Life Detox Boost Powder and Herbal Tea to assist the body in your detox. Carefully developed to heal, restore and nourish the body.
- Drink at least 2 to 3 litres of water this will help flush out any toxins that maybe released by the digestive system. If you don’t drink enough water this is when you may find you will get a headache and feel a little off. Coconut water assists in detoxing and aids the body in hydration and energy.
- If you want to heal your body on a deeper level I suggest you talk to your health practitioner on creating an individualized health plan for you.
Happy detoxing and I would be more than happy to hear your detoxing stories if you would like to drop me an email.
Happy Spring Cleaning!!!